Saturday, December 13, 2014

Unboxed: Target Beauty Box - For Her!

Hello loves! Target is back with more beauty boxes! I bought two: the naturals and for her. While I am still waiting on the former to arrive at my doorstep, I have for her to show you! Target beauty boxes are not a subscription, they are a one-off purchase from the website - when they have them in stock. They sell out very quickly so keep an eye on your social media to grab one of your own! Anyway, the for her box was $10 with free shipping (which is $3 more than the last one). It came with eight items, most of which were full size! A seriously amazing deal.
The first thing in the box is a 0.03 oz Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Eye Pen in BlackNoir, which my little card says is a Target exclusive. I loooooove this! It is so creamy and pigmented and it just gliiiides right on! Once it sets, it stays put! I think this might be my new favourite pencil liner ever and I want to try all the different shades now! A full size of this is 0.04 oz, so this sample is a great size! These cost $12.99 on the Pixi website, but $9.99 at Target. A bargain for such a fabulous product!
Next up is a full size Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Carnelian, a deep wine/berry colour. The packaging is very cute with a big gem on the end of the cap! The applicator is a nice soft brush that is quite pleasant to use! The product itself is quite lovely. It's very pigmented, not too sticky, and has a nice glossy finish. It's not too sticky and wears very nicely! It doesn't really have a scent but if I had to describe it, I'd say it smells slightly sweet. What I'm not sure of, exactly, is what makes this product Ultra HD, but it is a nice product in and of itself. The shade I got is nice but very intense and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to wear it! We'll see! These cost $7.99 at Target! Again, a great deal!
Third on the card is a full size bottle (3.2 fl oz, you can still take it on planes!) of Clairol Hair Food Thickening Hair Treatment, another Target exclusive! This gel-like product is infused with kiwi fragrance. It has a really cool nozzle with an inhibitor cap to stop it from spraying when you don't want it to. I tried this and it is quite nice. It has something in it to give your scalp that warm tingly feeling, which really makes it feel stimulating and effective. I can't speak to the effectiveness of this yet, as I have only used it once at the time of writing this, but I like it so far! The value of this guy is $11.99!
Next up is a full size (0.25 fl oz) tube of L'Oréal Butterfly Intenza Mascara in Black. This is very sleek packaging! I like that they display the brush in the packaging so you can see if it's a type you prefer. Speaking of the brush, isn't it strange? It's a rubber one and it has, well, wings on it. The mascara itself smells very much like honey to me. This costs $7.99 both on the L'Oréal website and at Target!
Fifth is a full size (0.19 oz) CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Kit in Blushing Nudes. It's a quad with four nice shades and your usual double ended sponge applicator. While I like the colours in this quad, I am not super impressed by the formula. I'll play around with these, maybe try them wet and over primer to see if I like them any better, but I definitely have better shadows! This will cost you $5.29 on the CoverGirl website and.... well I'm not actually sure about Target because it's only sold in stores!
Number six on the card is a full size (0.12 oz) ChapStick Total Hydration 3in1 Lip Care in Sweet Peach; yet another Target exclusive. I enjoy the packaging on this! The product itself is lovely. The peach scent is pleasant and not too overwhelming and I do find the formula quite moisturising! My lips are dry all year, but get so dry in the winter that they crack and bleed. Hopefully this can make the grade! A tube of this is a very affordable $2.99!
Second to last is a 0.6 fl oz tub of Laneige Water Sleeping Mask with Sleepscent. Yep, you guessed it, another Target exclusive. This is a gel mask you're meant to put on before you sleep and rinse off in the morning. This is definitely a generous size to try out. I have, in fact, tried it, and I loved it. My face felt baby soft the next morning! It smells very pleasant. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it smells like the spa. A full jar of this is 2.7 fl oz and costs $23 at Target. You only use it once or twice a week, so that will last forever. I will definitely be purchasing this!
And finally we have a 0.1 fl oz foil packet of Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Serum. Whew! I haven't tried this yet, but I've recently introduced serums into my skin care routine and am looking for my first holy grail product, so I am quite excited to try it! A 1 fl oz bottle of this costs $29.99 on both the Boots US and Target websites.

Well guys, that's it for this box! I absolutely loved it; how could you not? The $10 you pay versus the $50 value of the box (so says the Target website) is just fantastic and a no brainer. I wish they would make this a monthly subscription! Having to stalk the website looking for new ones before they sell out is stressful!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment