Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant

Hello loves! Gosh, it's certainly been a while, hasn't it? Anyway, not so long ago I received the Target Dry Spray VoxBox in the mail from Influenster! Not only did they include an antiperspirant for me to try, they also included one for my husband to put to the test. Both bottles promise a non-irritant formula that provides 48 hours of antiperspirant protection. How did they fare? Let's start with the one for women...

The bottle is sleek and bright with a little indentation near the top, supposedly for a better grip during application. The scent I received was "cool essentials," which smells like a cucumber/honeydew hybrid. I enjoy the scent itself but found that when I used the product, it not only overpowered the room and lingered for hours, but also competed with any fragrance I was wearing. Not a big fan of that.

The product comes out easily in a fine, even mist, but takes a long time to dry on the underarm. I did notice a subtle white cast on my clothes as I went to bed that evening. As for its staying power, well. Let's just say I sweat a lot, so there isn't a product out there that would keep me dry for 48 hours. My regular antiperspirant is a Dove brand stick and I would say that this performs on par with that.

I will be sticking with my regular antiperspirant. The overpowering scent, drying time, and complexity of use are too much of a turn off for me to continue to use this product.

My husband received a charcoal bottle that is decidedly more masculine. It is shorter and doesn't have the same curves as mine. He received the scent "extra fresh," which is pleasant and fresh indeed. This one also mists out finely and easily. The scent is also extremely overpowering.

Husband man's normal fare is Old Spice stick antiperspirant. It smells great and it works for him. This Dove spray, however, does not compare at all. By the end of the day he was stinky! Not fun for him, even less fun for me.

Also of note, both of these products contain aluminum chlorohydrate. If you have an allergy or some other aversion to this ingredient, avoid these!

All in all, these were not winners for us. Sorry, Dove! I still love your stick antiperspirant!

Love,

Allanah

*These products were received complimentary for test and/or review

No comments:

Post a Comment