Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hello!

Hi guys!

So, it's been like five months. I wholeheartedly apologize. I have still accumulated massive amounts of polish, but there are a few reasons I just haven't been feeling the blogosphere lately:

1.  For my first engagement party in North Carolina, I got... acrylics. Gasp! One of my own nails had just broken right off and I wanted pretty nails for my engagement party. Everyone is looking at your hands, you know! Anyway, as a result my nails were completely de-stroyed. They've just now grown out all the way but they are still tiny little nubbins!

2. For a few months I was working two jobs, 60+ hours a week. When you have to wake up early to go to work, then get home from work and have to go to bed early so you can get up early and go to work again... well. Not only does time not permit blogging, but that doesn't exactly get the creative juices flowing, either.

3. I feel a little overwhelmed. While I try to keep somewhat current as to my collection, by the time I pick up a colour I feel like there are already a million other swatches of it out there with more beautiful photos than I could ever take. I really need to get over that. Even if it is an older colour, I could perhaps offer up an opinion that hasn't been considered before!

Also, I don't want this blog just to be about nail polish anymore. It was fun to start out that way, but it also became a chore. I want this to be a collection of all the small little facets of my life that amalgamate into one big shiny blog diamond. Of course I will still post nail polish related things, I have accumulated so many by now that I'm going to need a second Helmer!

But I'm also getting married and have a new job and there are lots of little things that catch my fancy and give me ideas and inspiration, and I want to share them with you. And with future me!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that my silence has come from feeling not good enough, but I've had just about enough of that feeling!

There is definitely more to come from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment