Monday, July 9, 2012

Hello!

Hello world! I have decided to add my voice to the many many beauty blogs already out there.

My name is Allanah, and Kate is my middle name. I'm a twenty-something year old girl who splits her time between North Carolina (where my boyfriend lives) and Southern Ontario (where I am from)! I guess you could say I'm new to this whole beauty thing. Up until two and a half years ago or so, my idea of a good outfit was jeans and a tank top. Even in the summer. The only makeup I ever wore was pressed powder and sometimes mascara. There was never anything on my nails. This is not to say that this is a bad thing at all; it is just very very different from where I am today.

What changed? Well, I got a job in a clothing store that required me to put some thought into my wardrobe and image. And, man, once I started down that road, there was no turning back.

Because I started such a short time ago, there is a LOT I don't know. I am always trying new things to find out what I like and what I don't. I also feel like my preferences when it comes to makeup and what I put on my face are vastly different from the majority of beauty bloggers I have come across on the internet so far.

So what are my preferences? Well, when it comes to makeup, I am very much a less is more person. My skin has given me a lot of problems in the past and I finally have it under control. I don't put anything heavier than a light powder on my face because I don't dare mess with it. No foundation. No concealer. When it comes to my eyes, I like to keep it basic. I like more sheer, neutral colours. It isn't often that I will get adventurous, but when I do, I don't even like my adventurous colours to be that highly pigmented! Eyeliner and mascara are all variations of brown and black. No blue, no sparkles, no false lashes. I enjoy playing around with these things just for fun, but when it comes to going out in public or an everyday look, I just like to look like myself, I guess.

Some of my favourite makeup brands are: Quo (a Canadian brand), Rimmel, and a newfound love of Physicians Formula. I am always willing to try new things, and I have bits and bobs from other brands that I love, but these make up the core of my makeup collection

One thing I do know, however, is nail polish. I. Love. Nail. Polish. I have entirely too much of it and I ALWAYS want more. If I don't do my nails every day, it's every other day. Seriously. It has gotten to the point where my boyfriend, who could not care less what I buy, gives me disapproving looks when I come home with more nail polish. You know the one I mean, that stern look over the top rim of glasses. But I don't care, I love it. My nails are where I do all my experimenting with colour and I don't think I will ever grow out of this phase.

My favourite brands are China Glaze (absolutely definitely my favourite ever) and Sally Hansen. For a long time I bought nothing but CG, but I am starting to try new brands like Orly and Finger Paints! The ones I have tried of those are really nice!

Anyway, that's a little bit about me. I can't wait to start blogging in my own little place on the internet. Hopefully I will have some reviews for you guys soon!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment