Friday, October 17, 2014

Subscription boxes... which one is best for you?

Alright, so I quit my job. I have always kept this blog in the back of my head. I miss it. Shall we jump back in? Let's. That's all I'm going to say about that!

Over the course of the past several months, I have somehow managed to subscribe to not one, not two, but THREE beauty boxes: Birchbox, ipsy, and Boxycharm.

In case you have no idea what any of those words mean, I will give you a brief overview from least favourite to must have!

Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that costs $10/month for a women's box, and $20/month for a men's box. They send you five or so small to luxury sized samples from a huge list of brands. You can get anything from makeup to skin care to new shampoo and conditioner. The samples tend to be on the smaller size, but you at least get your money's worth and it's a nice way to try out some new products you would never otherwise buy for yourself. Plus, every once in a while they throw in a little gem. Here was my last Birchbox so you get an idea:


ipsy is a monthly subscription box that costs $10/month. When you sign up, you take a little quiz to determine what your needs and wants are; this information is used to determine what they send to you each month. You can retake the quiz anytime you'd like. It is slightly more personalised than Birchbox! Once again, you can receive five or so samples of any sort of beauty product: makeup, perfume, hair products... The sample sizes in ipsy tend to be larger than in Birchbox, and sometimes you even get a full sized product! Plus, instead of a cardboard box, your products are sent to you in a cute little makeup bag. I tend to enjoy the brands more in ipsy and overall feel that it's a better value than Birchbox, however there is a waiting list to sign up! Here is my latest ipsy bag!


Now, full disclosure, I have only received one box from Boxycharm so far, but I. Am. In. Love. This monthly subscription box is more expensive at $21/month, but you absolutely 100% get your money's worth. Holy smokes. Five full sized products for September, guys. Birchbox and ipsy are fun to open and see what little surprises are there, but Boxycharm feels like Christmas! There is a waiting list for Boxycharm as well, but it is definitely worth the wait! Here is a sneaky peek of my first ever Boxycharm!


Ah, it's good to be back. I plan on giving you an unboxing post for each of these boxes as I receive them as well as reviews for some of the products in them, good or bad. Keep an eye out for more in depth posts on the ones you've seen here today!

No comments:

Post a Comment