Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Unboxed: September Boxycharm!


You guys, I am in love. Boxycharm is the new man in my life. I was wary at first of spending $21 on a beauty box but holy smokes, I'm so glad I got over that. Look at this! Look at it! Every single item in here is a full size product. Definitely gets my blood pumping! Let's go in the order of the card, shall we?



We kick it off with a tarte LipSurgence lip gloss in Park Ave Princess. This is a beautiful semi-sheer nude gloss infused with golden shimmer. It has a doefoot applicator with more of cutout than a scoop. It's hard to explain! This stuff is very thick and sticky and I definitely feel it on my lips, which I am not the biggest fan of. It does look very pretty on though, and I bet it would look great layered! It also smells very pleasantly like vanilla. Not too overpowering, but it's there. This will run you $19 and you can buy it in several other shades! This is worth almost the full price of the box right off the bat.




Moving along, we come to a Coastal Scents Go Palette in Moscow. This palette includes 12 metallic shades inspired by Russia's capital. They are all in one nice little compact that includes a decently sized mirror. The packaging feels sort of cheap and and not very luxurious, but for the price I can forgive that. About half of the shades are out of my comfort zone but that's not the fault of the product. I swatched all the shades and they're decently pigmented. They're quite soft and not too powdery (some are more powdery than others) and they blend fairly well, but they could absolutely use a boost from primer. I won't say too much more because I plan on featuring this in a post of its own. There are several different palettes available, inspired by different cities, on sale for $8.95 (they are normally $12.95)!



Third is an NCLA nail lacquer in Catwalk Queen. This is a 5 free light beige creme polish. I have done a full manicure with this and I must say, as someone who has worn a lot of nail polish in her days, this is lovely. The formula is a little thick but it is exquisitely pigmented for such a light shade. The drying time was fairly good and it dried down reasonably glossy! I'd love to comment on wear, but I change my nail polish so frequently that there isn't ever enough time to test for it! Though this is quite a nice polish, the price is a little hard to swallow for me. One of these babies will cost you $16! They have plenty of equally pretty shades to choose from for sale on their website (prices vary for different shades)!



Next is a tube of Tarina Tarantino's Eye Dream Hyperlight. This packaging is freaking beautiful. It's an extremely shiny gunmetal tube that is quite heavy - very luxurious! It's a twist up product with a brush applicator. I actually haven't tried this yet but I'm very excited to! Since I can't offer up a subjective experience, I'll just relay what the card has to say: "luminizes and brightens under eyes and along cheekbones for an instant highlight and lit-from-within-glow!" This stuff will cost you $22, but please note that the company only ships cosmetics within North America.



The last thing in the box was something I was extremely excited to see: a purse size spray bottle of Hello by Harvey Prince! I had received a sample of this previously in another box (I can't remember which) and I immediately fell in love! I absolutely plan to do a full review of this scent, but I will say here that this is a fresh scent with just the right amount of sweet muskiness. It's definitely a daytime scent that is young but not juvenile. This scent, along with Ageless by Harvey Prince, are definitely what I've been obsessed with wearing lately! If you want to pick this up, and you absolutely should, you can buy it here for $26. This isn't the exact size I received in my box, but I can only seem to find this size on their website.

Just a couple little extras to finish off this box: If you'd like to get 10% off at MyNameNecklace, you can use the code BOXYCHARM at checkout until October 31st.. It also looks like they have 10% off sitewide plus free shipping using the code EB14, which will probably run a little longer since it's for Christmas! tarte also snuck in a coupon for 20% off using FALLBOXY at checkout. This is only good until October 24th, so just a few days from today. But if you know what you want, go for it!

Alright guys, that wraps up my first ever Boxycharm! Total cost: $21. Total worth: $98.95. Pretty good return on my investment, I'd say! I haven't made it a secret that I am extremely happy with this box so far, and I can't wait until October's gets here so I can show you what's in it!

As always, if you guys want to see a more in depth review of anything here, do let me know and I can make it happen! And, if you'd like to, here's where you can subscribe to Boxycharm!

Hope you're all having a lovely week so far! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment