Saturday, October 25, 2014

Unboxed: October ipsy!


Well hello there! It's that time where I open my ipsy bag and tell you what's in it! Let's go!



Let's start with the bag, shall we? This one is a cute one! It's teal and patent and is covered in raised squares in a grid pattern. It feels nice and glossy and I love the colour!



Okay, onto the meat and potatoes. First up, a 1 oz jar of Ayres Patagonia Body Butter, which, according to the jar, has essential oils of jasmine and rosemary. This stuff is suuuuper thick! It smells like Noxema or some sort of medicated sunscreen, which doesn't exactly ring my bell but I feel like it will be good for spot treatment of super dry patches of skin in the winter months. A full size jar of this stuff costs $28!



Next up is a 1.5g lipstick from noyah in Deeply in Mauve.The lipstick is all natural, synthetics free, and never tested on animals! This is absolutely not a colour I would ever wear, as I am not brave in the slightest with my lip colours. I did try it on and it is very nice and creamy, it doesn't tug at all and it is fairly pigmented! The only thing I don't love is that it has a very costume makeup smell to it; it reminds me of the smell of the makeup I'd put on for Hallowe'en when I was a kid. If that doesn't bother you, though, the formula seems nice! A full size tube of this will run you $18, and they also have four other shades in this formula! As a little extra, if you use the code FALLinLOVE at checkout, you will get 15% off plus a free lip balm! This code is good through November 30th, 2014.



Next is a 15 mL tube of brightening cleanser from Indie Lee, which is 100% all natural paraben free and phthalate free, according to the packaging. I have very temperamental skin, so I always love trying out a new cleanser! This stuff is definitely scented, but I find myself at a loss to find something to compare it to. Jelly beans? Anyway, it doesn't smell bad at all. Definitely looking forward to trying this one out! A full size cleanser will cost you $32 and you can buy it here!



Fourth is a full size black Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner from skone Cosmetics. It's a felt tip pen sort of deal. I drew a few lines on the back of my hand to see what it's like. It's nice and black, doesn't bleed, and definitely stays where you put it! The felt tip is easy to use, and you can easily adjust the thickness of your line by varying the pressure. I like this! Looking forward to playing around with it! These cost $15, but you can get 10% off if you use the code IPSY at checkout!



I definitely saved the best until last, in this case: a full size nail polish from Nicole by OPI! This is in the colour "On a Gilt Trip" and it is just gorgeous. It's the perfect gold: warm without being too yellow, not brassy. Be still my beating heart! This dries down to a matte suede finish. I won't say too much here because this one is definitely getting a full review! OPI polishes tend to hover around the $8 range and you can find them pretty much anywhere.

So that's my ipsy bag this month! I enjoy pretty much everything here! I wish that the lipstick were a different shade, and am not a huge fan of the smell of the body butter, but that is easily outweighed by the eyeliner and nail polish! As usual, let me know if you want a more extensive review of anything you've seen here and I can make that happen! And, if you'd like, you can subscribe to ipsy!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment