Thursday, November 6, 2014

Away Oui Go with tarte!

Hey loves! Let's talk about a gift set for the holidays! The Away Oui Go Palette and Collector's Set is an Ulta exclusive from tarte and it costs $48 (a $410 value). For your money you get a deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara, three deluxe maracuja lip glosses, sixteen full size Amazonian Clay eyeshadows, four full size Amazonian Clay blushes, and a cute little blue quilted compact. Whew! Definitely a good value for tarte!
As usual, let's talk about the packaging! The whole thing comes in a purple and gold damask box. The palette itself is cardboard but has pretty colours and patterns. There is a magnetic closure on the palette and it opens up to reveal the compact, lip glosses, and mascara on top and the eyeshadows and blushes on the bottom. The eye shadows are grouped into four with one blush to make up four separate palettes which you can remove and put in the compact!
Let's start with the top half!
The compact is a beautiful Tiffany blue and the flap is made of a vinyl faux leather. It's adorned with pearls and a gold tarte logo! The rest is made of cardboard. The compact has a magnetic closure. Inside is a mirror and a magnetic spot in which to put your palette of choice!
Let's talk about the mascara! It's a 0.13 fl oz deluxe sample of tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara. I really enjoy the fibre brush on this mascara and find it to be very separating. The formula itself is nice. I don't find it to be super fantastical or anything, but it's definitely a pleasure to use!
L-R: Paris, Cannes, Nice
The three maracuja (an oil meant to be hydrating, anti-aging, and brightening) lip glosses are 0.06 fl oz each. The colours are Paris, a raspberry; Cannes, a light pink with a golden shimmer; and Nice, a nude mauve. I really enjoy the colour selection here and think that all three of these colours are universally flattering. All three glosses have a very stiff and not nice brush applicator but do have lovely chocolate mint scent. They are nicely but not super intensely pigmented and they definitely give my lips that minty cooling sensation. Unfortunately, these are incredibly sticky. I feel them every second they are on and they actively try to keep my lips together when I open my mouth. You just get that gloppy mess in the corners of your lips and they're just so uncomfortable. Because of this, I can't ever see myself wearing these, which is a shame because I do really love the colours and delicious scent.
Time for the bottom half! Let's start from the top left and go clockwise! I'm not going to talk about each shade or palette individually because you and I would be here all night! Instead I'll show you them all and their swatches up close and then we'll talk about them in general.
L-R: Private Chateau, Café for Crème Brulée, Tea for Two, Marvel at the Mona Lisa, Irresistible
L-R: Macarons for You, Champagne & Chocolat, Kisses Under the Arc, Art in Montmarte, Envisioned
L-R: Snow Angels in the Parc, Navigating the Metro, Midnight Stroll, Liaison at the Louvre, Intrigue
L-R: Champs Élysées Shopping, Stargazing on the Seine, Eiffel Tower Engagement, Secret Soiree, Limitless

As you can see, all of the eyeshadows are very neutral. I love a neutral eye and rarely wear anything else, so I don't mind this at all. There's a nice variety of matte and shimmery shades and a nice variety of warm and cool tones. They're all pretty soft! They build nicely, blend nicely, and generally just behave very well. The blushes are much the same. There are a nice variety of shades that are perfect for the fall and the holidays. Again, there is a mixture between matte and shimmery. Lots to choose from!

I think if I had to pick a favourite palette, I'd pick the third one. I definitely think it's the most versatile. You can make several looks with those shades, the blush is such a beautiful pink, and that matte black shadow could definitely double as an eyeliner!

All in all, I think this is a great holiday gift idea, either for yourself or someone else! The only real cons for me are that I don't enjoy the lip glosses and that I find the actual packaging fairly bulky. Normally this wouldn't be a problem and I'd just store it away, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with the leftover palettes that I don't have in my compact. They don't have a cover so I can't just throw them in a drawer. But neither of those things turn me off enough that I regret purchasing this.

What are some holiday sets you guys are loving?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment