Saturday, November 22, 2014

Unboxed: November ipsy!

Hey loves! It's ipsy time! ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that costs $10/month. In it you get at least five products. Some are samples, some are deluxe samples, and some are full size! November's theme is Girl Meets Glitter and I found this month quite interesting, so let's dig in!
Let's start with the bag. I freaking love it, but I am quite the sparkly girl! It's just a wall of silver glitter with a pop of pink in the zipper! The glitter on the bag is covered by a glossy layer, so it is not rough and will not fall off and get everywhere. If you look inside at the label, you'll see that the bag is a collaboration with Forever 21 Cosmetics. I will definitely use this and it is going to be amazing for the holidays.
The first thing I saw in my bag was a Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer from it Cosmetics in the shade Neutral Medium. Whew! Supposedly this is your eight hours of a sleep in a bottle. This is a travel size (0.11 fl oz) but a little goes a long long way. This is really thick and creamy, and the coverage is so full that even a small dollop is enough to cover under both my eyes! I don't have a lot of under eye issues but this does do a great job of evening out my skin tone! A full size of this, which is just over twice the size of the travel size at 0.28 fl oz, costs $24 and will probably last you until the day you die. Love this!
Next in the bag was an eyeshadow base in Submissive from Be a Bombshell. This is a full sized product. The base is a creamy and shimmery bronze that isn't too sticky and blends out nicely. I also have to give props for the packaging. The pot is made of glass, which makes the product feel substantial and luxurious. This lovely product costs $14!
Third is a travel sized (53 mL) can of Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray. This is for all hair types. If you know me, you know I never really do my hair and never really use hairspray, so I can't really comment much on this. I do appreciate that this has argan oil in it, though! It smells nice and fruity too! A full size (300 mL) of this costs $8-9.
Next up is a sample size tube of SeaRx Micro-Dermabrasion Face & Body Scrub. I'm really excited to receive this! A few Birchboxes back, I received their daily moisturizer and I loved it so much that I made it my actual daily moisturizer! Anyway, this has that same lovely lemony scent and the crystals are definitely teeny tiny. I'm looking forward to using this when my face and neck need a good scrub! A full size jar of this costs $32!
The last thing in my bag was a little sample tube of a Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure. This is that nice browned out rose pink that is so popular right now. It has a nice doe foot applicator and smells like vanilla frosting! The gloss itself is nicely pigmented and not too sticky, and leaves a nice glossy finish! A full size tube of this costs $13!

So that wraps up my ipsy bag this month! I like the products I received this month a lot! The only thing I'm not super excited about is the hairspray, but that's quite alright! One day I'm going to decide that a southern beehive updo is for me and will need all the help I can get.

If you'd like an ipsy subscription of your own, you can subscribe here!

What was your favourite thing in my bag? If you get ipsy, what was your favourite thing in yours?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment