Sunday, November 2, 2014

October Favourites!

Holy moly, where did October go? I hope you all had a lovely Halloween and are currently in a blissful sugar coma! The best part about the beginning of November? Cheap Halloween candy! And, of course, my October favourites! Here are all the things I loved in October!


Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter: So here's something about me: I don't wear foundation. I just don't like it and don't really feel like it's necessary for me. However, there are some areas of my face that need a little covering (I have red cheeks), so for that I turn to my old friend Rimmel. This concealer comes in a squeeze tube with a brush applicator. It's got great high coverage without feeling too thick and heavy.  It's also great for under the eyes and to smooth over redness, and in general to make your skin tone nice and uniform. Best of all, it's cheap!



Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish: I was sent a sample of this in a Birchbox and was so excited to see it in there. Every British YouTuber/blogger I had ever seen had sung its praises and so I was more than glad to hop on the bandwagon! I tried it, loved it, and bought a full size. I have a post coming very very soon so you to get a full idea of why it made my list!



SeaRX Birchsap Moisturizing Lotion: After finding a great new cleanser, I was inspired to find a great new moisturizer! This is a great, lightweight everyday moisturizer. It smells like lemon and does a great job delivering moisturizer without making my skin too oily. It behaves very well under makeup and just generally leaves my skin feeling fresh, smooth, and not too heavy.



Palmetto Derma Collagen Booster & Restoration Serum: I have just very recently come across this in my October Boxycharm and it is my first serum. Since I am on such a skincare kick lately, I was really wanting to add a serum into my routine, and Boxycharm dropped one from the heavens and into my lap. This stuff makes my skin feel super soft and smooth and is a quick and easy step to use under my moisturizer. While I love this, I really don't have anything to compare it to, and it is rather expensive. I will be on the lookout for something I love just as much for when this runs out!




Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice Coffee: Being from Canada, I'm used to the crisp, cool fall air beginning in September! Now that I live in North Carolina I have to resign myself to the fact that I have to wait longer. It's still rather warm here, aside from a few random days. In a bid to try and force fall upon me, I started wearing dark nail polish and bought pumpkin everything. This coffee is the bomb, I like to put it in my reusable K-Cups! It's definitely helping me to get in the fall mood!



Bath & Body Works Three Wick Candle in Pumpkin Hayride: I really really want it to feel like fall, guys. What says fall like pumpkin? This smells amazing and not at all overwhelming. I don't need to tell anyone how great Bath & Body Works candles are, we all know. I'll be so sad when this is gone.

Bonus! Beauty Boxes: I don't think I'll ever stop wanting to try more subscription boxes. It's like Christmas every time I get one and I love trying out new products I would have never otherwise picked up for myself. In addition to the three I already subscribe to, I've also recently purchased the Wal-Mart and Target boxes and am eagerly awaiting their arrival. If my husband wouldn't kill me, I'd try them all!

So that's it! I've found a lot of great new products and things to love this month and I'm hoping next month is just as exciting! What have you guys loved or even hated in October? Let me know!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment