Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Girl Liz Earle!



Hi! So I've ordered some goodies from some very well known personalities in the British YouTube community and am anxiously awaiting their arrival so I can try them out and review them for you! While I'm (not at all) patiently waiting, I wanted to talk about another beloved product from the UK that has easily earned its place in my daily skincare routine! I am, of course, talking about the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser! Quite the mouthful!

I realize I'm very late to the party discovering this, but for years I used nothing but the proactiv cleanser. My skin is usually... unhappy, to say the least. I started having problems when I turned 18 and proactiv was the only thing that worked for me. Since then I have been too afraid to wean myself off of it, but I recently ran out and decided to go for the gusto and try something new.





Here are a few photos of the starter kit I purchased. The cleanser itself is 3.3 fl oz and there are two enormous muslin cloths, along with a cute little travel case!

There's a lot of good stuff in this cleanser, such as eucalyptus oil, chamomile extract, and rosemary extract to name a few. It smells very much like eucalyptus and has a thick, creamy texture. To use it you massage a small amount into your skin, leaving your eyes until last so you don't spread eye makeup all over your face. After that, take the muslin cloth that comes with it and hold it under hot water to get it nice and warm. Squeeze out the excess water and wipe off the cleanser. I like to use the rougher texture of the muslin to get in a good exfoliation. You might need to reheat the cloth a few times as you go. Finally, splash your face with cool water to close up your pores and you're done!

There are so many reasons I love this cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling very naked and clean, but it is not at all drying. My skin doesn't feel tight or scream at me to put moisturizer on it right away. It just feels baby smooth! It does a pretty good job of removing eye makeup, but you might need to supplement with something else if you tend to be heavy on it. The BEST part of this cleanser for me, though, is that my skin is perfectly happy and behaving. No longer do I need to slather drying benzoyl peroxide on my face! No longer do I need to worry about bleaching my towels!

If you've been on the fence about trying this, I would suggest you go ahead and take the plunge. I thought I would use proactiv for the rest of my life but I am a changed woman! This stuff is fun to use because it just feels luxurious, and it's very reasonably priced! A 3.3 oz starter kit, which includes two muslin cloths, is only $24.50! It's worth every penny!

If any of you guys use anything you think would top this, please let me know about it!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment